Thursday, October 13, 2016

Super-Deluxe Edition of The Who's Debut Coming Next Month

In the past, Universal Music has given such Who staples as Tommy, Live at Leeds, and Quadrophenia the super-deluxe, multi-disc box set treatment. On November 18, the company will dig a little deeper with a five-disc box devoted to the band's debut album. 

The super-deluxe edition of My Generation will include a new remaster of the album in its original, and long unavailable in the U.S., mono mix, a 2014 stereo remix that apparently reproduces the missing parts from the 2002 stereo mix with recent guitar and vocal contributions from Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, 44 bonus tracks in mono and stereo, and a disc of Pete's demos for ten songs, including three oddities called "The Girls I Could Not Have", "As Children We Grew", and "My Own Love". 

The 2014 stereo mix and 17 of the stereo bonus tracks are making their debuts on CD here (they were previously iTunes exclusives) while an additional 24 tracks are appearing for the first time on this set. 
The set will include an 80-page book and is available for pre-order now here. 

Here's the complete track listing:

Disc 1: Mono mix

  1. Out In The Street
  2. I Don’t Mind
  3. The Good’s Gone
  4. La-La-La Lies
  5. Much Too Much
  6. My Generation
  7. The Kids Are Alright
  8. Please, Please, Please
  9. It’s Not True
  10. I’m A Man
  11. A Legal Matter
  12. The Ox
Disc 2: Stereo Mix
  1. Out In The Street
  2. I Don’t Mind
  3. The Good’s Gone
  4. La-La-La Lies
  5. Much Too Much
  6. My Generation
  7. The Kids Are Alright
  8. Please, Please, Please
  9. It’s Not True
  10. I’m A Man
  11. A Legal Matter
  12. The Ox
Disc 3: Mono mixes of bonus tracks
  1. I Can’t Explain
  2. Bald Headed Woman
  3. Daddy Rolling Stone
  4. Leaving Here
  5. Lubie, Come Back Home
  6. Shout And Shimmy
  7. (Love Is Like A) Heatwave
  8. Motoring
  9. Anytime You Want Me
  10. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
  11. Instant Party Mixture
  12. Circles
  13. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (French EP Mix)
  14. Out In the Street (Alt guitar break)
  15. Out In the Street (Alt early vocal)
  16. I Don’t Mind (Full Length)
  17. The Good’s Gone (Full Length)
  18. My Generation (Alt version)
  19. I’m A Man (Version 2 – Early vocal)
  20. Daddy Rolling Stone (alt. take)
  21. Lubie (Alt Mix)
  22. Shout And Shimmy (Alt mix)
  23. Circles (Alt Mix)
Disc 4: Stereo mixes of bonus tracks
  1. Out In The Street (Alt – Take 1)
  2. I Don’t Mind (Full Length Version)
  3. The Good’s Gone (Full Length Version)
  4. My Generation (Instrumental Version)
  5. The Kids Are Alright (Alt – Take 1)
  6. I Can’t Explain
  7. Bald Headed Woman
  8. Daddy Rolling Stone
  9. Daddy Rolling Stone (Alt version)
  10. Leaving Here
  11. Lubie, Come Back Home
  12. Shout And Shimmy
  13. (Love Is Like A) Heatwave
  14. Motoring
  15. Anytime You Want Me
  16. Instant Party Mixture
  17. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
  18. Circles (New Mix)
  19. Daddy Rolling Stone (Alt Take B – New Mix)
  20. Out In The Street (Alt Take 2)
  21. I’m A Man (Alt – New Mix)
Disc 5: The Demos
  1. My Generation (Version 3)
  2. My Generation (Version 2 – fragment)
  3. The Girls I Could’ve Had
  4. It’s Not True
  5. As Children We Grew
  6. Legal Matter
  7. Sunrise (Version 1)
  8. Much Too Much
  9. My Own Love
  10. La-La-La- Lies
  11. The Good’s Gone
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All written content of Psychobabble200.blogspot.com is the property of Mike Segretto and may not be reprinted or reposted without permission.