Friday, December 16, 2011

The Beach Boys to Reunite for New Album and Tour, Plus Reissues and New Box Set


Like the SMiLE Sessions box set, plans for a Beach Boys 50th Anniversary reunion tour and record have been rippling throughout 2011. I'm sure you have your opinions about this. I do too, but I was fairly cynical about Brian Wilson's solo recreation of SMiLE from 2004 until I heard it and it turned out to be pretty wonderful. His performance of the album at Carnegie Hall was the best concert I've ever seen. So I'll reserve voicing any judgments about this new project until there's something to judge. Until then, you can read the official press release here.

If you prefer remembering The Beach Boys from their younger days, there will also be a reissue campaign of their Capitol/EMI catalog and a new career-spanning box set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All written content of Psychobabble200.blogspot.com is the property of Mike Segretto and may not be reprinted or reposted without permission.